An Honest Fenty Beauty Review




Rihanna has always been one of my favorite artists and powerful women. I love her strength, confidence, and how hard she’s always worked. So of course, when I heard that she had a makeup line coming out I couldn’t wait to try it! I know this is a little late, but as a broke college student I couldn’t bring myself to buy a new foundation before I ran out of the one I was already using.


So before even trying the foundation, I already had a few reasons to love it. First, it’s on the lower side pricewise compared to other high end makeup brands. It is obviously more expensive than drugstore brands like Covergirl or NYX, but it’s noticeably cheaper than some other high end brands that you would find at specialty retail stores like Sephora or Ulta. Second, I love the fact that Rihanna has a super wide variety of shades. Walking around Sephora, I did not see many other brands with so much selection regarding color. Personally, I have a super basic skin tone so this doesn’t really affect (affect? effect? idk man) me directly, but girls gotta support girls so I’m glad that the line is highly inclusive.

So now for the fun, time to try it!

I’ll start with the no makeup picture (don’t mind the cat fur on my shirt, the kitten needed some cuddles)

No Makeup


And here’s with Fenti foundation in color 180 applied with the Fenti foundation brush. Before applying the foundation, I primed my face with Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray.

Fenty Foundation


And here’s a picture with some lipstick, highlighter, and eyebrow gel added. Normally I would also do some eyeliner and mascara or falsies, but I didn’t have any with me.


So, at first thought while putting the foundation on, all I could think of was how soft the brush felt. The makeup felt super weightless as if I wasn’t wearing anything, but as you can see in the pictures it definitely hid some blemishes and smoothed out my color so I like the coverage. The foundation has a soft matte quality to it, which I love. And something else I love: it makes me look tan! Its not really noticeable in the pictures but in person my face looks tan without being orange. The color is correct for me, I didn’t choose a shade that is too dark, but some undertones in it make me look slightly sun kissed. And lastly, it looks natural! It doesn’t look cakey or shiny at all.

So, bottom line? LOVE IT!

I can’t wait to try other products from the Fenty line, like the highlighters and lip products. And I’d love to hear your opinions on the line or any suggestions for future posts!

Xoxo, Julia



Comments

  1. Your posts is so good .
    Thank you for sharing .

    mojstilikombinacije.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, thank you for sharing the blog, its very interesting and informative blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment